Pimples are small skin inflammations of the skin. Pimples usually develop after blackheads or whiteheads become inflamed and infected. Pimples commonly show up during adolescence. Pimples are a mild form of acne which is a sebaceous gland disorder, mostly occurring in teenage people due to hormonal changes. It may occur in children and adults in some rare cases. The pimples usually subside after the age of 23. There are many causes of pimples, including bacterial folliculitis, keratosis pilatis and other skin conditions. It is highly recommended that if these conditions exist, that they are treated immediately. Pimples can form when dead skin cells mix with extra sebum plug the opening of hair follicles and trap the normal bacteria found on the skin. Several factors contribute to the onset of pimples. Both adult and teenage acne is usually caused by hormonal changes in the body. Hormonal Acne is very common among young women and some men. Clogged pores or follicles are a primary cause of pimples. Pimples are not something that can be cured, however they can be controlled using acne medications. Diet modification can help maintain control of pimples and acne.
In most women changes in the balance of female hormones at period times causes a few acne spots each month. The oral contraceptive pills may either improve acne or make it worse. Women typically develop pimple outbreaks during their menstrual cycle. This happens because hormones surge before or during menstrual cycles causing excess oil to clog pores. Good skin care is vital for healthy skin and eliminating pimples. Because pimples are caused by clogged pores and oil build up, the most common reason for people having oil and dirt build up is because they are not using the right skin care, or they are not using thier skin care properly. Later, if infection spreads, it becomes a painful pustule and involves nearby glands also, forming coalescence of many papules or pustules, leading finally to a scar. Usually, it gets worse with rubbing, stretching, pressing, pinching and scratching. In the most infective form, fever may also occur. Dermatologists prescribe certain antibiotics for acne cure. However, you should be prepared for side effects such as dizziness or nausea.
Causes of Pimples
Pimples often occurs with pubescence because the sebaceous glands are stimulated by androgens, the male hormones. Pimples may also be caused by allergic reactions to foods or dairy, a nutritional deficiency or a diet high in saturated fats, hydrogenated fats and animal fats. They may be caused by hormonal changes or hormonal imbalances, heredity, oily skin, monthly menstrual cycle, candidiasis, allergies, stress, and the use of certain drugs, such as birth control pills or steroids. Clogged pores or follicles are a primary cause of pimples. Skin bacteria multiply in clogged pores where they release a substance that can produce irritation and inflammation.
Common causes and risk factors of Pimples:
- Hormonal changes or hormonal imbalances.
- Poor kidney and liver function
- Environmental conditions and pollutants that can clog the skin pores.
- A nutritional deficiency.
- The use of certain drugs, such as birth control pills or steroids.
Signs and Symptoms of Pimples
Pimples appears as whiteheads and blackheads on the face, shoulders, neck and chest. Later, if infection spreads, it becomes a painful pustule and involves nearby glands also, forming coalescence of many papules or pustules, leading finally to a scar. Usually, it gets worse with rubbing, stretching, pressing, pinching and scratching. Pimples can range from mild to severe and can last a few weeks, months, years or can come and go throughout life. Severe pimples can be painful and can cause serious scars if not treated.
Sign and symptoms may include the following :
- Changes in skin color.
- Whiteheads and blackheads on the face, shoulders, neck and chest.
- Soreness or pricking pain.
- Serious scars if not treated.
- Fever may also occur.
Treatment for Pimples
The best advice to maintain a good complexion is to address the problem of acne before it begins to exist. The best pimple treatment to use to help you get rid of pimples are quality products with ingredients that will not irritate your skin, such as emu oil. Use sterile materials and be sure to wash your hands thoroughly before and after extraction. In severe conditions, an injection is available from dermatologists or aestheticians called kenalog. This is a steroid that can aide in clearing the breakout in six to twenty hours. Retinoidal treatment is the only treatment for cystic pimples. These are the most severe cases of acne. Retinoids such as adapaline, tretinoin, retinaol, and isotreinoin are used to treat pimples.
Treatment may include:
- If red pustules are manipulated, they may result in the spread of acne when then results in scarring of the skin. Use sterile materials and be sure to wash your hands thoroughly before and after extraction.
- Homoeopathic treatment can give permanent relief to recurrent pimples. All forms of pimples are due to an internal disorder, so the usage of external application does not yield permanent results, since it usually suppresses the condition.
- In severe conditions, an injection is available from dermatologists or aestheticians called kenalog. This is a steroid that can aide in clearing the breakout in six to twenty hours.
- Benzoyl peroxide, which is a bacteria killer, is regarded as an excellent over-the-counter product for acne and pimple cure.