Chromosomal or nervous system also disorders causes. People with SPD are sometimes apathetic, though they do not normally suffer from anorgasmia. Many schizoids prefer to masturbate rather than deal with the social aspects of finding a partner. Neurodevelopmental disruption may be the result of genetic and/or environmental stressors early in development, leading to subtle alterations in the brain. Controversially, there is some evidence to indicate that schizoid personality disorder may be the beginning of schizophrenia , or even a very mild form of it. The medication that is most recently used to treat the negative symptoms is risperidone. Medications are not usually recommended for schizoid personality disorder. Group therapy is another potentially effective form of treatment. Comprehensive treatment, including services existing beyond the formal treatment system, is crucial to ameliorate symptoms, assist recovery, and redress stigma. Cognitive behavior therapy help a person with schizoid personality disorder develop social skills and increase sensitivity to interpersonal cues.
Causes of Schizoid
Common Causes and Risk factors of Schizoid
- Chromosomal or nervous system disorders.
- Environmental factors.
- Subtle alterations in the brain.
- Schizophrenic spectrum.
Signs and Symptoms of Schizoid
Common Sign and Symptoms of Schizoid
- Inability to experience pleasure (anhedonia)
- Social withdrawal.
- Shows emotional coldness.
- Tendency toward underperformance in school or work settings.
- Exhibits little observable change in mood.
Treatment for Schizoid
Common Treatment for Schizoid
- Medications to help alleviate some symptoms, as well as associated conditions such as anxiety and depression. Bupropion (Wellbutrin). Risperidone (Risperdal) or olanzapine (Zyprexa) can help with flattened emotions and social problems.
- Psychotherapy help a person with schizoid personality disorder develop social skills and increase sensitivity to interpersonal cues.
- Cognitive behavior therapy help a person with schizoid personality disorder develop social skills and increase sensitivity to interpersonal cues.
- Group therapy may be an alternative treatment modality to examine.
- Family therapy may also be helpful since people with this disorder typically remain in the house longer.