Eyesight Weakness is a common problem of the day. Even tender aged school going children may also be seen using spectacles due to weak eyes. Heat and Weakness of brain is a main cause of weak eyesight. Longover and closely watching of TV., continuous reading in a powerful light, digestive disorder, unbalanced eating and living habits and deficiency of vitamin A in food are also responsible for weak eyesight. In maturity, excessive worry and consumption of alcohol also produce weakness of eyes. For averting weakness of eyes caused due to suppressed Common Cold or surplus heat in brain practice of Jala Neti is highly beneficial. Many cases of weak eyesight especially in children and young persons have responded well to Magnetotherapy. Palming and Jala Neti etc. gives considerable benefit. Pure honey if available may be used as part of the diet and also as eye drop.
Prevention of Eyesight Weakness
- It is important to avoid quickly oxidizing foods like starches and sugars and to treat for the predisposing factors as a strong preventive measure.
- People suffering from this disorder should avoid the above factors that unnecessarily strain the eyes and should perform eye exercises to improve their eyesight.
Home Remedies for Eyesight Weakness
- Mix equal quantities of fenugreek seeds (methi dana) powder along with Shikakai powder for washing hair. Wash frequently.
- Mix seeds of cardamom along with 1 tablespoon honey. Eat every day.
- Drink carrot juice twice daily.
- Boil 2 tablespoons fenugreek leaves along with ½ cup moong dal and 10 small onions and eat regularly.
- Using drops of eyebright herb are also beneficial for the eye conditions.
- Eating spinach will help in preventing various eye problems as it contains carotenoid.
- Washing the eyes with cold water will give relief from strain and will soothe the eyes.