Chest congestion is one of the early signs of HIV infection. The causes for chest congestion can vary. Chest congestion, is harmful to health. It is natural to feel very tired when your chest is congested because you are not able to take in the proper amount of oxygen to give yourself strength and vitality. This is why it is very important to get adequate rest when you suffer from chest congestion. A good home remedy for chest congestion assists the body in clearing out thickened mucous, which is a natural response to a pathogen or a pollutant.
Home Remedies for Chest congestion
- Garlic can also be helpful in clearing up chest congestion that often accompanies respiratory infections. Try this chest clearing ointment you can make yourself:
- Eat foods that are high in vitamin C.
- Take the herbs valerian root or lobelia in capsules to relax muscles and alleviate pain.
- Apply moist heat directly to the affected area.
- Take calcium, B-complex, and cayenne supplements to heal muscles and as a preventative measure.