Pain is the body's way of letting us know that something is wrong. Widespread body pain is a symptom of fibromyalgia. Fibromyalgia is a condition that causes pain in the muscles, joints, ligaments and tendons. The pain occurs in areas called tender points. Such pain is associated with high levels of psychological distress, smoking and fatigue. Although widespread pain is common, little is known about the natural course and it is a difficult condition to treat. The role of pain is very important as it serves as an important warning that signals potential trauma or underlying malfunction somewhere in our body. Pain begins as a coded message that travels from the injured or traumatized part of the body along small peripheral nerves towards the central nervous system. Common symptoms are; skin depigmentation, touch-sensitive pain , burning and tingling. Treatment can often be successful using nerve blocks with local anaesthetic with or without added steroid. Repeated destruction of a nerve may be necessary. Agents used include radiofrequency lesioning as with facet joint medial branch rhizolysis, glycerol and phenol.
Prevention of Body pain
- Exercise regularly. An inactive lifestyle contributes to lower back pain.
- Push rather than pull when you must move heavy objects.
- Quit smoking:- Smokers have diminished oxygen levels in their spinal tissues, which can hinder the healing process.
- Maintain a healthy weight:- Being overweight puts strain on your back muscles. If you're overweight, trimming down can prevent back pain.
- Always try to keep your knees and hips level.
Home Remedies for Body pain
- Massaging the affected area with any oil will provide relief from the pain.
- Mix two teaspoonful of winter cherry with ghee and molasses to make porridge. Eat this porridge with an empty stomach for 15 days.
- Apple cider vinegar has shown to give beneficial results.
- Gomukhasana is the most beneficial yogic asana for the cure of joint pains.
- Mix fresh carrot juice with equal parts of lemon juice. Take one large teaspoonful everyday.
- A gentle massage with Arthcare Oil is recommended to relieve joint pain and to strengthen the bone tissues, the skeletal and the neuromuscular systems, giving a comfortable movement of joints and muscles.