Have you ever seen a friend or a relative who has lost some hair? Well, hair loss is a medical condition that is normally associated with the hair follicles. The major hair loss disorder that has been put on record is Alopecia. Alopecia is the sophisticated/ medical name for hair loss. Hair loss can effectively take place on any part of the body. However, the most experienced part is the scalp. Most people have periodically lost hair on the scalp, either partially or fully.
Medically, normal hair has a life expectancy of not less than three years. At times people may lose hair occasional due to some factors. For instance, women tend to lose hair whenever they use some given chemicals on the hair. Hair follicles are very sensitive to changes in the body system, especially anything to do the immune system. Most of the temporary hair loss is merely due to some external factors which can effectively be corrected.
However, there are some medical conditions in which the loss of hair is not just an ordinary affair, but a rather complicated and sophisticated issue. Such medical conditions include the following:
• Alopecia areata: loss of hair on a part or the whole scalp of a person. The condition is also known as spot baldness, since the attack is mainly observed on a localized position on a person scalp.
• Alopecia totalis: this is a hair loss disorder that involves loss of hair on the whole scalp. The condition is normally uncommon; very few cases have been recorded.
• Alopecia universalis: this one refers the total hair loss on the entire epidermis. Ideally, this condition is rare, only a few people have been diagnosed with the disease.
The above hair loss scenarios have been put on record. However, the most common one is the Alopecia areata. The illness is known to have affected so many people so far.
Apart from genetics, hair loss can also be attributed to poor dietary or lifestyle. There are some diets which are known to promote hair growth.
Here are some of the best diet tips on how to control as well as reduce hair loss:
• One is advised to consume a good amount of protein in his or her diet, since protein is known to promote hair growth. On the other hand, less protein may lead to hair loss.
• You are supposed to avoid high intake of simple carbohydrates. Simple carbohydrates, such as rice and potatoes are known to double on the sugar content bin the body and consequently lead to the destruction of connective tissues. The final outcome is loss of hair.
• Alcohol consumptions as well as routine smoking are potential causes of hair loss. So, one is required to consume less or none of the two rec recreational substances. Alcohol and nicotine have the effect of lowering a number of supplements of the body, including: zinc, vitamin B and vitamin C. these supplements are very essential for healthy hair growth.
So, in whatever you do make sure that you practice a good lifestyle accompanied by proper dietary.